Now that you’ve explore where you might have been blocking yourself, I want to share some simple things you can do now, to move past this destructive behaviour and become a more deliberate creator of your own life:
- Journal or chat this out with someone you trust. It’s time for some self-awareness and to be honest about what triggers you, what your habits are and more importantly why you’re doing them. Be prepared that you might have to ask yourself some tough questions and this can bring up feelings you don’t want to tackle. This is why working with someone can be very useful, they aren’t afraid to ask those questions, because they don’t have the same emotional attachment to them.
- Take a break from everything and everyone. Sometimes you just need space, to think, to be and to let your body heal. Especially if you’ve been over working or have dealt with something a life changing event.
- Give yourself permission to stop. When you push yourself too hard, your energy becomes fragmented, so push the reset button. Focus on your self care and get yourself back to a place where you are energised, motivated and clear on the next steps for you.
- Have some energy healing. Whichever modality you use, it will clear your energy so that you’re letting go of past habits, behaviours and patterns. Your past does not have to define you, so let it go. Choose to be at peace in your body and mind.
- Meditate as this will bring peace to your body and mind. It will allow you to connect to yourself and your inner wisdom. This quiet space also allows you to remember how courageous and brave you are.
- Forgive, forgive and then forgive some more. This is both for yourself and for others. Carrying around old energy of anger, hurt, betrayal etc is exhausting and it blocks you from moving forward. Forgiveness work can be done in many ways, so chose a modality that works for you. Some people are happy to write a letter and burn it, others need to talk it out and clear the energy fully, especially if there was a lot of trauma experienced.
- EFT/Tapping is amazing at identifying and releasing old hurts, pain and the energy. It’s quick, easy and can be used anywhere.
- Be clear on your boundaries and rules and make sure you stick to them. If you need 8 hours sleep a night, make sure you get this. If speaking with a certain person drains you, reduce contact or cut them loose. You don’t have to explain yourself to anyone. This is about you choosing to put yourself and your well-being first.
- Know that you deserve more. Release the blocks to feeling worthy and deserving. You may have to go back to earlier material and exercises to clear beliefs that are still present.
- Stop focusing on doing the stuff that doesn’t really matter and the thoughts that distract you. Ask yourself if your choices and actions are taking you closer to your dreams or away from them. This will help you to stop wasting time on the things that don’t matter.
Is there anything here that you are prepared to commit to immediately? The sooner you start, the sooner your life will change.